Any device connected to a network is vulnerable to security breaches. From mobile computers to tablets, today’s hackers can target any networked device…including printers. When left unchecked, unsecured printers can become the perfect gateway into your operation’s sensitive data. A few layers of protection are what protects an efficient printing system from breach disasters such as the mass printer hacking that affected thousands of campuses nationwide. As a matter of fact, the IDC Worldwide Semiannual Security Spending Guide estimated a 38% growth in cybersecurity spending between 2016 and 2020, a nearly $30 billion overall increase.
As technology advances, new security risks advance with it. A printer security breach can result in:
- Unauthorized print jobs
- Access to confidential information
- Configuration alterations
- Denial-of-Service attacks
Stay Secure with PrintSecure
While device security is crucial, connectivity still remains indispensable since it reduces wait-times with more availability. Integrated into Zebra’s latest line of industrial and mobile printers, PrintSecure enhances device performance by keeping up with current best practices and updates. Favoring both connectivity and safety, PrintSecure uses seven tools to protect productivity.
- Zebra’s Security Assessment Wizard locates potential vulnerabilities to integrate newer security protocols.
- Printer Profile Manager Enterprise maintains real-time visibility throughout your printing fleet.
- OS Download Control protects your printers from unwanted OS updates.
- Automated WiFi Certificate Management allows you to automatically assign and update security certificates.
- Protected Mode safeguards against unauthorized settings changes.
- Default Improvements maintains your selected WiFi and Bluetooth settings while preventing accidental connections.
- Simplified Printer Decommissioning assists your workforce in preparing your device for safe retirement.